We know all the planning can result in some chaos, but not to worry, we’ve got you covered! The more planning you put into your wedding before-hand, the smoother the day itself, but if there is something that doesn’t go according to plan, don’t stress too much! Most guests won’t even notice if something go wrong, if they do, have a laugh, it’s the best day of your life!
12 months to go
- Determine your wedding style and budget.
- Get recommendations for wedding venues and wedding suppliers. Start attending wedding shows, request quotes and scouting for locations.
- Book a venue. Some months are particularly popular, like summer months, especially March.
- Prepare the necessary documents to legalize your marriage.
- Start researching for inspiration from online sources and bridal magazines.
9 months to go
- Confirm wedding venue if you haven’t done so. Discuss the menu, also remember to discuss if you or your guests have particular dietary requirements.
- Book a professional wedding planner if you need/want help with planning.
- Shop for your wedding bands if you are doing separate bands.
- Book a photographer and a videographer.
- Shop for your bridal gown and groom’s attire.
- Select your bridal party attendants, bridesmaids.
- Look up on florists and hair and make-up artists.
- Book wedding date with ROM, church or officiant.
6 months to go
- Book hair and make-up artists.
- Confirm bridal gown(s) and groom’s attire if you’ve not done so.
- Confirm your wedding bands if required.
- Confirm the guest list with your fiancé .
- Shop for bridesmaids’ and groomsmen’s outfits, and your accessories such as shoes and jewellery.
- Enquire about wedding car rentals.
6 to 4 months to go
- Confirm all wedding vendors – from flowers, music, and catering.
- Start planning your honeymoon.
- Order wedding your stationary, including wedding invitations, thank you cards and guest book.
- Shop for wedding favors.
3 months to go
- Finalise guest list and start planning seating arrangements.
- Shop and buy your bridesmaids’ dresses and groomsmen’s attires.
- Confirm transportation for yourself, the bridal party and out-of-town guests.
- Send reminders to venues and officiant.
- Confirm all wedding decor ideas, bouquets, centerpieces.
- Discuss different looks with hair and makeup people, and go for trial runs. Confirm the look you want.
2 months to go
- Send out your invitations.
- Go for food-tastings and confirm menu.
- Confirm that out-of-town guests have received invitations and settled accommodation details.
- Organise and finalise seating arrangements.
- Organise your actual day programme and run-through.
1 month to go
- Confirm that your gowns and those of your bridesmaids will be ready on time.
- Start breaking in your shoes so they won’t hurt you on the day.
- Fix a date for a church rehearsal (if you’re having a church ceremony) two weeks before the wedding. Notify attendants.
- Confirm all other arrangements that have not been finalized.
2 weeks to go
- Have your church rehearsal or run through the day’s duties with attendants.
- Have a final dress fitting, including shoes, lingerie and accessories.
- Collect all the outfits!
- Arrange for bridal flowers to be sent to your home early on the day itself.
1 week to go
- Finalise all minor arrangements that haven’t been done, such as, has your partner passed the rings to the best man? Etc.
- Arrange for a bridesmaid to accompany and help you on the day – this takes the stress off you.
- Give all payments to the best man; leave him to pay the respective people.
- See if you and your fiance can get away for a day spa – pamper yourselves with a few luxurious treatments.
- Finalise honeymoon details and start your packing.
1 day to go
- Rest and relax so you’ll both look great on your big day.
- Have a manicure and pedicure.
On the day
- Let the chief bridesmaid or planner take charge of everything, which includes reminding the other attendants of their duties.
- Relax and enjoy your wedding day!