The 7th of December will be always a very special date for the Wedding Friends Community. We had our first charity Xmas party for underprivileged kids from the Langa Orphanage and community. Seeing these kids’ eyes fill with joy at the event really made it worth all the hard work of the entire Wedding friends community and all the volunteers who participated in the event. The support we received was simply overwhelming and we can really say it was a massive success and the kids enjoyed every single minute of this event.
We started off with a lunch for the kids, and lots of candy followed by a magic show. Afterwards the students and their teacher from the Herzlia High School painted the kids faces before Santa arrived and handed out the presents for the kids. Seeing these kids opening their presents and the joy they felt when receiving the gifts really warmed our hearts. We cannot say thank you enough to everyone involved in the charity event. We decided to use all our energy for this event instead of the Xmas Give Away and we are so thankful about the great success we had for the kids.
– Everyone who took the time, effort and money to compile a box for these kids
– Phern from Buitengeluk to allow use to use the venue as a Drop Off Location
– The Studio on Club team to allow to use the venue as a Drop Off Location
– Shaun and Anton from Bambisana for transporting the boxes & their help on the day
– Anri Hayward & the Herzlia High School for their donations & students who helped out
– Theresa from Ultimate Weddings & her entire team for the coordination & the Magician
– Laura and her fiancé from Ruby Jean for the toys & helping us setting up on the day
– Lee-Ann from LVStar taking amazing photographs
– DuWayne from DuWayne Photography taking awesome shots
– Jacques-Francois & Christoff from Hauke Digital for filming the event
– Odette from Rinkink Designs, for helping out and sponsoring gifts
– Kanya Hunt, Mrs Jones Cakes & Pastry Parlour for all the baked goodies
– Tony Elvin from iKhaya le Langa – The Langa Quarter for managing the event
Every single Wedding Friends Supplier deserves a big thank you– without your support of the blog we wouldn’t have this incredible platform to make a difference. A big thank you to everyone involved! This is just the beginning…..we have managed to donate a website, a promotional video and much much more. We are planning an Easter Hunt for the kids in 2015. We hope our support for this project will grow – together we can make a big difference!