Today we are featuring this gorgeous Rockhaven farm wedding by Dearheart Photos. Prettiness all around with a beautiful modern rustic theme with rose gold geometric shapes and soft pink.
Have a look!
Lovebirds | How did you two meet?
Robs and I knew each from High school (he was a little older than me), but this story is not high school sweet hearts, but delayed forever hearts. A random night of meeting up again lead to late night chats, lots of catching up and falling in love.
Perfect timing of meeting each other “again” – Who would have thought 3 years later I would be his wife.
I said Yes | How did the proposal go down?
Robs planned a surprise night at Teniqua Treetops (we felt like we were in the trees). It was breathtakingly beautiful.The day was perfect weather, with the most incredible views that went on for km. It then suddenly started pouring with rain. Robs quickly made a plan to make it work, and used it to his advantage. “Just like this weather, through the rain and sunshine.I will love you forever.I will be there for you in every season of your life.(insert knee grazing) will you spend the rest of your life with me and will love you forever”-completely in shock (lots of happy tears), I said yes to my best friend.
The Big Day | What was the most memorable moment of your wedding day?
Robs: When I saw my wife to be getting out of the car, the waiting while my beautiful wife walked down the aisle. When it happened it felt like 2 minutes in microwave time, it was like time stood still until she said I do!
Nix: It was the small moments during the day, especially when we took a moment (just the two of us) to go back to our ceremony spot, before we went in to the reception – It was a pinch me moment between us, we were married and were husband and wife.
(A little funny moment was when the Pastor was reading my vows in Afrikaans (as Robs is Afrikaans) and I quickly asked him to wing it in English).
Describe your wedding day in one sentence
Nix: A perfect mixture of rose gold, gorgeous (surprise) pink peonies, my husband, married love, beautiful moments and special memories
Robs: There are no words that can describe the feeling when your beautiful wife walks down the aisle to become your wife. The anticipation is indescribable.
Forever & Always | Any advice for future brides?
1. Get the perfect, right photographer for you as a couple, Linds (Dearheart Photos) really made it special and our photos are gorgeous! – Great photographers really capture such special memories that are the only thing you have after your wedding day.
2. Breathe. Breathe and breathe some more. Sometimes the little stresses can get to you and you miss little moments of the day.
3. Get a wedding coordinator for the day, this takes pressure off you and Keelyn really ensured it was perfect.
4. Most importantly have fun and take in everything, take some time together before you go into the reception – the day goes way to quickly.
5. Your day goes so quickly – you miss things so get a videographer to ensure you can re live your day through captured moments taken.
Check out their video here :